Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Off to the Arctic!

I'm off to the Arctic to be a Polar Educator, working with 70 students age 14-19 and a few dozen scientists and other educators, as part of the Students On Ice program. It's a great program that gives these students an opportunity to experience for themselves the effects of climate change on the polar regions of Earth.

Read all about Students On Ice and check out the specific page for the expedition I'm going on. The itinerary is here: http://www.studentsonice.com/arctic2009 and includes a map of where we are going. I'm hoping to blog as much as I can with photos. The blog and images should also be on The Manitoba Museum's website.

A big thanks to Students On Ice and the Association of Natural History Museums of Canada for choosing me to go on this exciting adventure. Also, many thanks to The Manitoba Museum for giving me the chance to take this incredible opportunity and supporting me as I prepare for it. Special thanks to Sean, Cortney and Ray for covering for me while I'm gone.

Let the adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment